Monday, May 13, 2013

inspiration from Hawaii...

Anyone that owns their own business or does freelancing knows that it isn't easy taking time off, especially for a two-week vacation. A lot of planning is necessary, not only for the vacation but for finishing all the projects in the studio. I started warning my clients months in advance that I was leaving with reminders every two weeks. I also stopped accepting projects 10 days before my trip so I could focus on finishing the current projects. Yes, it was a crazy few weeks before I left for vacation, with me working late into the evenings but boy, was it worth it! I left with a clean desk, knowing that projects and all paperwork were finished. Then I concentrated on nothing but relaxation and fun for two whole weeks and returned home rested with lots of inspiration for my new projects!  

Our first stop was Maui and then Kauai. Both islands are beautiful but Kauai captured my heart! Here's a glimpse of my weeks in paradise. 
Garden of Eden in Maui
Black Sand Beach in Maui
Hanalei in Kauai [top and bottom]
 Waimea Canyon in Kauai [top and bottom]
Wailua Falls in Kauai
Na Pali Coast in Kauai [top and bottom]
A beautiful sunset at the southern end of Kauai
Aloha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment